Magnum Foundation Internships
The Magnum Foundation is always excited to work with interns and accepts applications on a rolling basis. The ideal candidate should have an interest in documentary photography and/or photojournalism as well as multimedia. They should be well-organized, self-sufficient, highly-motivated, and a reliable individual. Responsibilities would include assisting with day to day projects in the MF office and special assignments based on the individuals background and proficiency. Fluency with contemporary design and text editing software is a plus. All internships are unpaid but school credit can be arranged with the respective institution(s). Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Openings: Part Time Project Intern
Magnum Foundation's oral history project, MagnumTime seeks a highly organized and self-motivated part-time intern to assist the project in post-production, including transcribing and project research. Applicant must possess excellent communication skills, be well organized, responsible and willing to learn. He/she should be able to multi-task, be a good listener and able to follow directions. Applicants who have an interest in the production processes and in the history of documentary photography are preferred.
• Assist the project team in the following duties:
• Transcription of new interviews conducted by the MagnumTime team focused on the history of photography and the history of Magnum Photos community since 1947, including photographers, staff, former editors, researchers from the photographic community.
• Project research including sources of material from online and the Magnum Photos archive, interactive web-development and possible future partners.
• Organization of the content of material accumulated in interviews and transcripts as part of the broad project research.
• Must be fluent in Mac OSX, Microsoft Office
• Must be familiar with data sharing systems online and offline
• Knowledge of French is a plus
This position is 2 days per week starting October 1, 2012 and requires a minimum six-month commitment. To apply send cover letter and resume with 3 references to: email@example.com
The Magnum Foundation's latest annual report can be obtained from the organization or from the Office of the Attorney General by writing the Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271